Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Whatever

So I am finally getting a PS4

Postby Drew » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 pm

With stars wars battle front for Christmas!

Now to figure when I can play the damn thing.

Does anyone else have one here?

Would anyone recommend or not recommend getting destiny this late? It's been out for over a year now.
Drew

Re: So I am finally getting a PS4

Postby nymphetomine » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Add me bro, not so much time at the moment and I don't play Battlefront. But it's always good to have friends!

Rashomon---
"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:28 am

Cool, will do nymph
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:03 pm

I haven't received my ps4 yet but how does PS plus work for online play? Is it good for only 1 psn account or multiple accounts?
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Bought Battlefront!

If I'm not mistaken PS plus is console wide for online play, don't quote me on that though. It's worth it tho. :sw:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:47 am

You are right it is console wide with whatever ps4 console you select as your primary console. At least that's what is said last night when I was setting it up. I was asking cause I'm was debating making a new psn id but I will probably just stick with my old one. I haven't purchased plus yet as I haven't started to play yet. I just got it connected.

I'm kind of pissed at BestBuy. I purchased the ps4 on a day they were including bonus items with the bundle. A PlayStation camera and controller stand. Of course they did not send these items. I get they were free add ons I didn't pay for but the false promise was bullshit. I feel it was false advertising and if they hadn't advertised it I may have just bought it from amazon and got it sooner.

I emailed BestBuy but no response yet... Go figure... Lol.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:32 am

Dude, thats beyond messed up. Return it and repurchase it, see whet happens.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 am

Well, the sale is over. It was a one day special... Plus the ps4 battlefront bundle has gone back up 50$ from its Christmas sale price.

So I didn't lose out on anything. It's just annoying to get a false promise. I can only try and bitch but returning makes it worse... Oh well.

I ordered destiny too by the way.

No clue when I can play these games. Especially when my kid seems to cry whenever I touch the controllers.

I don't understand toddlers, it's the middle of winter and she doesn't want to sleep with a blanket but she needs to sleep with a cold ice pack. WTF!
Drew

Postby sportsnut » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:55 am

Awesome Drew!
You can get a free trial of plus. In my opinion, plus is worth it.
Also, I have Battlefront. Do you have a mic?
sportsnut

Postby Drew » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:36 pm

What's up sports?!

Yeah I was going to get plus after I finished the training. I didn't want to start it before I was ready to play online. Bit getting the trial of plus is a good idea.

I played with Ham for a little last night. I sucked but it was a lot of fun! Hopefully we can all get together tonight or later this weekend.

As for the mic, hmm I don't know. So I have a full gaming headset with mic, but it requires a lot of cords. I used to use it at my desk set up that I no longer have. So I'm not sure if I want to drag it out. The ps4 came with a little mic, is it any good?

The other problem is my house set up. My living room is an open floor plan with a stair case in the middle. Sounds carries right upstairs, especially voices so I'm not sure if I want to use one and wake everyone up. Maybe I'll try it tho.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:35 am

Hey Drew, sorry I didn't join today, Didn't have the time to commit.

When you start up Destiny, there is a thing called "refer a friend", it basically gives two players some in game stuff when you complete things together. I would greatly appreciate it if we'd team up. :zm:

My link is: https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend? ... 44-TYD-XKY

Let me drag you through destiny and teach you how everything works! (I probably wont have much time until after the 3rd of January)
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:57 am

No worries nymph. sportsnut, ham and myself partied up for some games.

I'm actually debating returning destiny. Mainly just cause of how BestBuy has treated the sale they offered. And that I see the game is in the ps store for the same price. I thought I checked and didn't see it so I bought it from BestBuy. But I would rather just have the game on my hard drive and not worry about the disc. We'll see what I feel like doing. May not be worth trouble plus I have to see if the sale is still valid and how the BestBuy return works.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 pm

If you are planning on buying more games digital than on disc (what I do) I suggest swapping out your hdd for a 2TB one. Some games are 50+Gb. Have a quick look on Google for which drives are compatible (I think I used a seagate external hard drive)
There arw also plenty tutorials on how to do it (very easy) and the best thing is that doing this won't void your warranty!
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah I agree. From what I read ps4 discs load the complete game on the hdd anyway and then use the disc for verification of purchase. Destiny disc says it takes 60gb. I didn't know this before.

But I am more concerned about little toddlers in this house that like to eject discs and play with them. Sometimes putting them back in upside down. So having no discs would be ideal.

I would rather swap out the internal drive even if it voids the warranty. Again less things for a toddler to fuck with. Besides my PlayStations always fail after the warranty expires anyway... Lol.
Drew

Postby Drew » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Just did some searching. Swapping out a ps4 internal hard drive does not void your warranty. I think this was the same for the ps3.

For Xbox though swapping out the internal hard drive does void the warranty.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Changing your hdd is easier than making a toddler happy. On ps3 it did void the warranty, but they changed that on the ps4. they glossy part of the console slides off to the side revealing 1 screw with the XO[]^ logo which it the only thing holding the hdd in place.

I used this hdd for my and my wife's consoles: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-Po ... s+slim+2tb

And here is the guide I used. Follow this one step by step (most importantly the naming of the folders!) and you're golden.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-p ... 4/70954150

This is the place where you find the firmware you need: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppo ... dates/ps4/

More specifically: http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net ... UPDATE.PUP
(It's the 790mb file)

If you have any questions just ask! :yeh:
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:49 pm

So I returned destiny to BestBuy today. Not sure if I will spend money on a hard drive right now. I don't have plans to get that many games anyway... No time to play many anyway... Haha. I guess that can wait for a little while.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 pm

No problem.
Make shure to buy the tsken king version of destiny (best value) and I believe it's on sale now as well.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby Drew » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Well I decided to buy it through psn last night. Didn't want to miss the sale.

I was reading more about this game and maybe it's not exactly what I thought... Not sure what I thought. It just sounds like a really big time investment.

Oh well I figured o couldn't go wrong for the price. 40$ for the taken king legendary pack.
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:13 am

Nice, it is quite a time consuming game. But it's fun when playing with other people. It's quite a grind to get high level weapons and armour (although it's now way easier than it used to be)

make sure to use the code :yeh: let's team up!
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Postby fishki » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 am

guess im going to have to get a 4 now, i want ARK and its only ps4 or xbox...
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:18 am

nymphetomine wrote:Nice, it is quite a time consuming game. But it's fun when playing with other people. It's quite a grind to get high level weapons and armour (although it's now way easier than it used to be)

make sure to use the code :yeh: let's team up!

Code? I hope it automatically activates since it's a digital copy. It says I get automatic level 25.
Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 am

fishki wrote:guess im going to have to get a 4 now, i want ARK and its only ps4 or xbox...

Yeah yeah get it!

I was playing starwars last night and something happened...

I killed my father!
Drew

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 am

Having trouble finding a good 2tb internal drive for a good price.

I like this 1tb drive. I can find cheaper but this is the fastest I found for a reasonable price. It's a ssd/hdd hybrid drive.

Seagate 1TB Laptop Gaming SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000LM014) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JUBQ/re ... Gwb81WEGZX
Drew

Postby nymphetomine » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:10 am

I meant the refer a friend destiny code. It can only be activated by you withing the first 7 days of playing.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend? ... X9-93R-H44

Click this link and see what happens. :zm:

As for HDD's make sure they are ps4 compatible.
-Oscar Wilde
nymphetomine

Next

Return to Whatever