Reviews

Daxter Review (PSP)

Daxter Review (PSP)

Postby Guest » Fri May 30, 2008 7:17 pm

DAXTER REVIEW

8/10

The Good-
• Great Graphics
• A fun way to show what happened in the 2 years of jack’s torture.
• Great Sound in the game..

The Bad-
• Camera issues & Control issues
• Not much Replay
• Repetitive
• Not the greatest Story

I had received Daxter as my first psp game from the 200 dollar bundle. So i began Daxter........ Daxter is a interesting game. You start of at the cutscene which takes place in the 2nd game when jack gets captured. You run away and meet a friend at a bar. Who helps you by giving you a exterminator Job. So you roam the city and do his tasks. Which are fun. But the city is quiet a dull place where the only action in the game happens in your destination the streets are bare with nobody around. You over the time of the game after doing his tasks you receive I believe, don't remember exactly but about 3 upgrades for your weapon. A gas mod, flame-thrower mod, and sonic boom mod. The game grows utterly boring though after getting them in a good space between each other which helps combat the boredom. But after getting all three fairly early in the game you start to lose desire after having nothing more to look forward to. Though when you go back to your crib in your house you can lie down and have dreams which are unlocked by having a certain amount of medal head skulls. Which resemble things from Indiana Jones, Matrix, and lord of the rings, If you do well enough you get stuff for receiving a gold medal. The dreams are quiet enjoyable and fun which bring some fun to the game. But back to the battles after you have your weapon mods the game grows old after fighting enemies that don't change much and some boring easy bosses. It just isn't the same as playing with Jack. In total i give this game a 8 it wasn't good enough to deserve higher but wasn't bad enough to deserve lower. I would say this game gave me about 10 hrs of fun before i put it down and stepped back. Once it is about 20 dollars i would say for people who play jack games i would buy it but no more than 20 it isn't that good.

Reviewed by - krazykat

P.S. - this is my first review please give me some feedback so I can improve.

Re: Daxter Review

Postby arct1cdude » Sat May 31, 2008 6:14 am

nice review, sounds like you know the game well enough to know what people will get out of it. nothing much but it's metal heads not medal(yep i'm an ass for that type of stuff). i enjoyed reading your reviews, keep 'em up :D
Command Sergeant
arct1cdude

Postby stickcult » Sat May 31, 2008 3:13 pm

arct1cdude wrote:it's metal heads not medal(yep i'm an ass for that type of stuff)

Good to know someone took over my job while I was gone!

Good review though, KK. I do think 8/10 is a little high for what you said in the review, but I haven't played it, so I can't say.
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Sat May 31, 2008 3:48 pm

you would have to play the game you can just see there isn't much content the camera has some issues. And many other things it was taht or a 7.5

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:06 pm

I dont do handhelds since my neck got twisted really badly. the angle i use to hold my neck and play handhelds can prodcue enoguh pain when i look up with eyes horizontal to the horrizon to make a man pass out. thanks stupid youth for cripling me. * shakes fist in anger at past *
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 am

Ouch i am sorry man. That sucks

Return to Reviews