Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Yap about your favorite movies

Recent Rentals

Recent Rentals

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 05, 2008 8:44 am

Just watched cloverfeild this past weekend.

quick summation critique.

Godzilla meets Blairwitch sums it up.

ok in my book except for the first 1/2 of the movie the kid with the cammera made me want to tape his mouth shut. :__)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby elkhoury » Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 am

yes cloverfild was a good movie, i wonder if they will make a second one
Hello there
elkhoury

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 05, 2008 12:47 pm

elkhoury wrote:yes cloverfild was a good movie, i wonder if they will make a second one

I dont know if i would sit down for a sequal. I liked the moive somewhat but did not get blown away. Nice attempt at mixing generes but mixed outcome in my opinion.

i would not stop people from watchig it but i wont rate this one very high either.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby TwistedSystem » Mon May 05, 2008 2:18 pm

I enjoyed cloverfield. Me and my friend had an argument whether it was an alien from outer space or was always on earth. I looked into it and you can find a ton of backstory about whatever that thing was. Needless to say, I won the argument as it isn't from outer space.
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Mon May 05, 2008 3:39 pm

TwistedSystem wrote:I enjoyed cloverfield. Me and my friend had an argument whether it was an alien from outer space or was always on earth. I looked into it and you can find a ton of backstory about whatever that thing was. Needless to say, I won the argument as it isn't from outer space.

huh. that would have been my guess but that Hud guy for the first 1/2 of the movie made me crazy. i cant watch that again
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby elkhoury » Mon May 05, 2008 5:39 pm

lol you and your friend had argument whether his fomr outer sapce or not, guss who i had argument with.

nobody i was having argument with my self whether it was from outer space or not
Hello there
elkhoury

Postby TwistedSystem » Mon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

I just couldn't see something that big landing and nobody notices it until after it attacks. If you look into it apparently theirs a sattelite that crashes right at the end of the movie in one of the flash backs/home videos. That was containing some chemical that made a little tiny water creature become huge. Those wierd things that came off of it were microscopic parasites, not sure why their bites made peoples head explode though.
TwistedSystem

Postby fishki » Mon May 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Blair Witch was a good little make, saw it as soon as it came out then went camping that weekend....that was kinda different....they pushed hard to get everyone to believe it was true, I was kinda dissapointed when I found out it was a hoax.

I did start watching Asia Extreme movies, the scarier the better, its just hard to find a good movie that makes me turn the lights ON halfway thru it..
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby stickcult » Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 pm

a good movie that makes me turn the lights ON halfway thru it..

lol

That's all I have to say about that.
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby TwistedSystem » Tue May 06, 2008 12:14 am

Ya I have tried but I always watch movies with my friend because he burns them all, hes up to like 3000 movies but when I watch them with a friend its never even close to being scary.
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 am

TwistedSystem wrote:Ya I have tried but I always watch movies with my friend because he burns them all, hes up to like 3000 movies but when I watch them with a friend its never even close to being scary.

or evan funnier when for the next twenty years they bring up the time you jumed in the theatere and spilled your drink on your date. good times. ha. :oops: I was not scared just falling asleep and it was one of those high dramatic sound blasts with a quick cut to somthing up close and just supprised me i forgot about the drink in my hand :oops:
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 06, 2008 10:06 am

elkhoury wrote:lol you and your friend had argument whether his fomr outer sapce or not, guss who i had argument with.

nobody i was having argument with my self whether it was from outer space or not

your both funny.

I was siting there just rooting for the beasties. you know the writing is agrivating me when i do that. the last scene with HUD i was like YEAH!

I did not care where it came from but i do understand the question. they never answer that.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 06, 2008 10:09 am

fishki wrote:Blair Witch was a good little make, saw it as soon as it came out then went camping that weekend....that was kinda different....they pushed hard to get everyone to believe it was true, I was kinda dissapointed when I found out it was a hoax.

I did start watching Asia Extreme movies, the scarier the better, its just hard to find a good movie that makes me turn the lights ON halfway thru it..

Ok not truly scary but "Oldboy" is awesome. more sureal then scary. but very good.

"Gozu" by and i know i am misspelling it Mike Takahisi. ( i tried) any way if you know his stuff then the less said the better. but this one is a gangster sureal gross out / horror. the secne in the bath house gives you the who in the hell would think of that creepies
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 06, 2008 10:09 am

fishki wrote:Blair Witch was a good little make, saw it as soon as it came out then went camping that weekend....that was kinda different....they pushed hard to get everyone to believe it was true, I was kinda dissapointed when I found out it was a hoax.

I had trouble going swiming after seeing jaws whan i was a kid.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Tue May 06, 2008 10:11 am

twistedblister wrote:

Ok not truly scary but "Oldboy" is awesome. more sureal then scary. but very good.

"Gozu" by and i know i am misspelling it Mike Takahisi. ( i tried) any way if you know his stuff then the less said the better. but this one is a gangster sureal gross out / horror. the secne in the bath house gives you the who in the hell would think of that creepies

Steven Kings movie adaptation of 1408 was to me the best i have seen in awhile it was like a ride through an excellent Haunted hous. that is why i liked it so much. it was so clasic in that sense.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Tue May 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Has any one seen Ichi The Killer?
Very good movie. Japanese Horror, Its pretty disgusting. But better than american horror movies
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby TwistedSystem » Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 pm

The japanese always make the good stuff. Also twistedblister don't worry I have done the exact same thing but instead of jumping during the movie I just plain tripped and spilled orange pop all over my date.
TwistedSystem

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 07, 2008 9:30 am

fishki wrote:Has any one seen Ichi The Killer?
Very good movie. Japanese Horror, Its pretty disgusting. But better than american horror movies

ha Ichi is one of Mike's films so you know what you are in for with Gozu. I dig Gozu as it is in the nightmare relm more then Ichi gore style.

I forget the japanese name but the "Cure " is a pretty obbscure sureal horror possesion type thing.

if you are on netflix give me your id i can buddy you and you can see my rental activity and its rattings. i really did not review each one though. so ask me after you look if you do
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 am

TwistedSystem wrote:The japanese always make the good stuff. Also twistedblister don't worry I have done the exact same thing but instead of jumping during the movie I just plain tripped and spilled orange pop all over my date.

I appreciate the moral support but its more of a funny memory now.

We did have the reverse happen to us too. Durring one of the previews when it was dark a large man was having trouble getting his seat and lost his maltedk milk balls. made us laugh. we did not intenend to be cruel. but you need to be careful talking about malted milk balls
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 07, 2008 9:49 am

Really good subdued Sci FI peice. very low budget no special effect the movie rests entirely on actors talking. the premise if you susspend your dissbeilif is kind of a cool thought experiment. check it out.

The Man from Earth, (2007 ) very cool movie. one of those what if deals.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby elkhoury » Wed May 07, 2008 11:58 am

talking about rental i dont think i have ever rented a movie and i dont think its worth it too because my big brother downloads movie and its free.

well that me but other people have different opinions.
Hello there
elkhoury

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 pm

elkhoury wrote:talking about rental i dont think i have ever rented a movie and i dont think its worth it too because my big brother downloads movie and its free.

well that me but other people have different opinions.

ahhhhhh well your all set. it takes to long for me to do that so the mail is a great way for me to rent as i dont waste gas to get movies. it works for me
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Wed May 07, 2008 4:15 pm

I dont rent movies, i buy movies, then i rent movies, i jus order them online or get them at the local wal mart
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Wed May 07, 2008 4:27 pm

fishki wrote:I dont rent movies, i buy movies, then i rent movies, i jus order them online or get them at the local wal mart

your logic captin does not compute * spocks ears fall off*

hey your no vulcan
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby fishki » Wed May 07, 2008 4:35 pm

^ok, let me try to explain...i buy the movies, then when friends want to watch them i make them pay (renting, kinda) I buy mine online or at wally world...I never rent them , i would rather own them
fishki
Site Admin

Next

Return to Yap about your favorite movies