i'm classy alright :prt:
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Re: Playstation Move ?

Postby WHO_99 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:55 am

wait, so what happened?
Ryan voted for me!!!

PSN: WHO_99
website rank - Thumbs Up Image (officially awarded to me by fish)
8/26/08 - 13 sniper kills made in 1 game
1st Lt. of the RRB ground pounder squadron
Tue Jan 20, 2009 - 0-22 in resistance 2 online lol
WHO_99
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:29 pm

lol it took me a sec to figure out what you where talking about TB.
I like a good visual.

looks like fun IF you have a ps-eye and you want to buy another peripheral for around 90 bucks.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 pm

tekkentool wrote:option 6, laser dildo.

i'm classy alright :prt:

just dont stick it in your eye :shck:
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Damn sorry who and Gabe.

i got slamed for my ability to comunicate at work today. sooo dont ever hessitate to ask me to explain.

any way nice link gabe.

who. its a wii motion thing for the ps3. damn i got a new one for you guys :-)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Depends on what they do with it.
MichaelVash7886

Postby Noodlez » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:07 am

wiimote rip off to the core...i doubt sony could take the wii audience away
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby twistedblister » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 am

IDK i have a WII and the only time i enjyoyed the RF swinging of the remote was in the golf game. some asspects could really make some good use of this type of tech but it is so easy to control a character or ship or object with six directional sticks. its hard to relax with a cup of whatever and swing a remote around. at least it is for me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:11 pm

twistedblister wrote:IDK i have a WII and the only time i enjyoyed the RF swinging of the remote was in the golf game. some asspects could really make some good use of this type of tech but it is so easy to control a character or ship or object with six directional sticks. its hard to relax with a cup of whatever and swing a remote around. at least it is for me.

There'd be jesus juice everywhere :shck:
tekkentool

Postby gabrile23 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Its pretty obvious that its a wii rip off. But if they can do it better then the wii that be something. Not very many wii game use the wii mote to its the full potential anyway. It be great if they made some fun games to go with the PS move.
Noodles your right about it not taking much if any people away from the wii.
Its inexpensive, its fun for a family and its a good system for less serious gamers.
I wonder how X-box's natal is doing?
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

TT DUUUUUDE that was funny.

OK gabe if Sony makes it work on a superior level to the wII remote. maybe somthing interesting can be done. i will stay open minded.

but dude the natal. motion capture. all i can thinnk of is virtual DDR. yikes. not my cup o tea.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby krazykat » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:56 pm

My wii = used less than the flusher on the toilet in my house. [Rarely ever used]
My ps3 = used a megaton.

Personally the ps move in my opinion has just won sony the gaming market. If they can poop out some nice titles to combat the wii's first party games then I think the ps3 will win a lot more people.

Idea in itself = bad
Idea in getting more sales = win
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm

krazykat wrote:My wii = used less than the flusher on the toilet in my house. [Rarely ever used]

WAAAAY too much information :suicide:
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm

ha. nice post the both of you. :-)
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:52 pm

This ps3 commercial for the ps3 move is really funny. Their's a few digs on natal in their.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:00 pm

ha now natal and wII and move will be banging on each ohter.

i saw adam sessler playing a rails shooter. IDK why i am a sucker for rail shooters but thats what made me think maaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyabeeeeeeeeeeeee but that is a huge maybe.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:19 pm

From what ive heard and I might be wrong the ps3 move will be sold as set with a PS3 eye and a game disc. All for around a hunderd bucks. Not a bad deal. The ps3 eye by itself is about $40. But too play some games your going to need two of the controllers with the ball on the top so you going to have to buy an extra one. Im a maybe till I know more but I would'nt mind having a ps3eye to mess around with.
gabrile23

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 am

krazykat wrote:My wii = used less than the flusher on the toilet in my house. [Rarely ever used]
My ps3 = used a megaton.

Personally the ps move in my opinion has just won sony the gaming market. If they can poop out some nice titles to combat the wii's first party games then I think the ps3 will win a lot more people.

Idea in itself = bad

Wow, I'm not sure where to begin here...
Sony gets the gaming market with move? No way, don't see it happening at all, it may help them out a bit. However you are missing it completely. Wii has been mentioned in the mainstream media and talk shows, much as I hate that type of thing, people do watch it (whether or not their brain is actually in their head or not is a different story) and are influenced by it. PS3 isn't going to get that. Also the Wii will always be cheaper. You can tout HD graphics and online capabilities all day long, won't matter. Blu-ray may pull more in but the majority that want blu-ray right now have it. Sony had the right idea, add motion, but them grasping for the casual market is not what they should of done imo. They shouldn't of shown off all the casual junk they did show off.

Also the idea itself of motion controls is good. However, execution has been poor, Wii has been doing a lot better as of late though with stuff like Red Steel 2.
MichaelVash7886

Postby krazykat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:
My ps3 = used a megaton.

Idea in itself = bad

Wow, I'm not sure where to begin here...
Sony gets the gaming market with move? No way, don't see it happening at all, it may help them out a bit. However you are missing it completely. Wii has been mentioned in the mainstream media and talk shows, much as I hate that type of thing, people do watch it (whether or not their brain is actually in their head or not is a different story) and are influenced by it. PS3 isn't going to get that. Also the Wii will always be cheaper. You can tout HD graphics and online capabilities all day long, won't matter. Blu-ray may pull more in but the majority that want blu-ray right now have it. Sony had the right idea, add motion, but them grasping for the casual market is not what they should of done imo. They shouldn't of shown off all the casual junk they did show off.

Also the idea itself of motion controls is good. However, execution has been poor, Wii has been doing a lot better as of late though with stuff like Red Steel 2.

I should have stated what I meant better, I think the PS move will win sony a lot of future casual gamers, that may have been tempted to buy a wii or even a 360, BUT ONLY IF.. Sony makes ORIGINAL games that are mainly focused on the ps move. Without doing this the PS move will be a thing of the past very quickly, probably with one or two hit titles. One more extra little thing on the PS3.

Yes the PS3 may always cost more, but it's 300 dollars now right? The wii is only 100$ cheaper I believe, and the xbox also sits at $200. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Now the PS3 does not only have a great list of exclusives sitting out for it, a blu ray player, internet, free online, but now it will (hopefully) have an all new casual experience.

Why would I logically buy a wii if I'm an adult or teenager if I can buy another system for $100 more. Get a free $100+ dollar blu ray player, a system with all hit call of duty games (I believe the wii gets the CoD games quite late) and good hardcore games/more serious games, and now a whole new casual experience that is just the same as the Wii?

I am not saying the Wii is bad. I do not use mine much, because i'm a WH/BFBC2/MAG addict, i'm aware that the wii has many many great titles, upcoming, and released.

I just think if SONY throws time into the PS move, incorporates it right in games that don't mainly focus on the it, advertises it right, and make some great original titles, then they will win over a huge slice of the future market.

But hey I'm a kid :D
krazykat

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 pm

You are thinking about it as
A; An informed gamer
B: A tech person

The market you are talking about either doesn't know that or simply don't care.

The general casual gamer knows none of that. All they see:

$199 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< $299

Plus they hear the name Wii way more. You aren't old enough to remember but there was a time when every video game system was a "Nintendo". Nintendo meant video games, they were interchangable.

Wii has become that to the casuals.

Even if you told them PS3 had a blu-ray player, most of them wouldn't care, they'd think I have a DVD player (as the majority just switched to DVD a few years ago). The only chance Sony has to capture the market you are talking about is to change their strategy completely when it comes to advertising. They'd have to market PS Move sports to death among other things.

Furthermore even when you look at game franchises, Nintendo kills Sony and MS for that matter in everyway when it comes to casuals. Mario is a name that's known by almost all. While Uncharted is amazing, it has nowhere near the impact of saying Mario.

It's possible Sony can get a lot of casuals, as most anything is possible, but I really don't see it working out as you think.
MichaelVash7886

Postby tekkentool » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm

I think Motion controls are counter intuitive. i think normal video game controls are designed around making you forget about them being there anyway. how many of you make conscious decisions that the mouse button affects the gun when you're playing a game. it's automatic because it's easy. with motion controls, you have to constantly monitor and watch yourself. bringing you out of it IMO. The only game i truly though motion control was implemented well in was mario galaxy. there it was one of the controls that you could forget about being an actual "control"
tekkentool

Postby krazykat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:13 pm

tekkentool wrote:I think Motion controls are counter intuitive. i think normal video game controls are designed around making you forget about them being there anyway. how many of you make conscious decisions that the mouse button affects the gun when you're playing a game. it's automatic because it's easy. with motion controls, you have to constantly monitor and watch yourself. bringing you out of it IMO. The only game i truly though motion control was implemented well in was mario galaxy. there it was one of the controls that you could forget about being an actual "control"

I have to agree for the most part, but where I disagree is with Mario Galaxy. I went back to play a bit a week or two ago and found myself confused and dying repeatedly, because the motion controls were so abnormal and hard/annoying to keep up with. I think you forget it's a motion controller more in the fast pace sports games and just fast paced games in general, like SSBB.

@Vash, I never looked at it that way. I forgot nintendo came before the gamecube. I'm familiar with the N64 and such, I just forget that they are nintendo systems, but as time builds, the generations who knew the N64 and the gamecube will die out of gaming, and newer generations will be born into the Nintendo, MS, and SONY era of gaming.
krazykat

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 pm

There's only one normal move that uses motion control in Mario Galaxy.... and that's the spin move..... How could you die so much due to not knowing that, and for that matter you could of read the instruction booklet you know.

You are still missing the point Kat, teens aren't casual gamers. The crowd Nintendo has is people in their 20's and up that do not play games on a regular basis. I have a friend that got a Wii on their birthday one year, I doubt they play it much and I'm pretty sure they only both with Wii sports. While casual gamers do sometimes get into more than just wii sports, gaming isn't the draw for them that it is for us. Will some convert to gamers? Sure, but I doubt it'll be that many.

As to your point where people will become aware of other systems, people are now, but I don't think you understand what kind of impact the NES had:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbwr9lRifMw
Keep in mind this is mid to late 1980's the video game market had crashed in the early 80's and was essentially left for dead, so 11 million units in the late 80's is pretty good. At one point it was said that Donkey Kong was more recognizable than Micky Mouse.

The parents of today played the NES as 10 to 25 year olds and the older ones heard of it from their kids. Nintendo is a name they know. To further this the Wii has been featured in the main stream media a decent bit. Unless Sony can get into that type of thing and get word of mouth going among the casuals, it's just not going to happen. It would take a while or a major event for this type of thing to change, and the Playstation Move isn't going to do that.
MichaelVash7886

Postby gabrile23 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:52 pm

gabrile23 wrote:lol it took me a sec to figure out what you where talking about TB.
I like a good visual.

looks like fun IF you have a ps-eye and you want to buy another peripheral for around 90 bucks.
gabrile23

Next

Return to News and Rumors