Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

News and Rumors

3.2.1 ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH update

3.2.1 ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH update

Postby twistedblister » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:11 pm

it took away my other OS. and i had 4o somthing GB to back up. stupid usb cable external HD not showing up as useable so i can not reformat untill i get a new thumbstick. grrrrrrrrr
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: 3.2.1 ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH update

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Dude that sucks. I was wondering if anyone put an OS on their ps3.
I had too laugh at the update. Oh you don't have to update and lose the other OS option BUT you can't go on the psn network, you won't be able to update ever again, some newer blue rays won't work and we'll come to house a kick you around a bit.
Ok maybe not the last one but you get the idea.
Not much of a option there.
gabrile23

Postby Noodlez » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 pm

stupid update is an example of tyranny -_-...o well...the slim doesnt come with the option to install another OS so i was already use to not using linux on my ps3...*sigh*
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby fishki » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 am

Did anyone read the warning that came with the update BEFORE updating???

gab did and I did :yeh:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:20 am

Yeah i read it. i have a computer but man if i depended on the ps3 for a pc i would have been pissed.
I will get a back up drive big enough so i can back up and reformat and reclaim my missing space some day
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby twistedblister » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 pm

gabrile23 wrote:Dude that sucks. I was wondering if anyone put an OS on their ps3.
I had too laugh at the update. Oh you don't have to update and lose the other OS option BUT you can't go on the psn network, you won't be able to update ever again, some newer blue rays won't work and we'll come to house a kick you around a bit.
Ok maybe not the last one but you get the idea.
Not much of a option there.

fishki wrote:Did anyone read the warning that came with the update BEFORE updating???

gab did and I did :yeh:

whats funny is i used to think that one of the things that made the ps3 so cool was the option to dual boot.

to take it away and say you can keep it and never get online again. or lose it and resueme your online life. that sucked.

take a Q from microsoft and patch it baby.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am

I had a feeling they had a reson for disabling the other OS option so I looked around a bit hears what I found.

The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the “Install Other OS” feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.

In addition, disabling the “Other OS” feature will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.

Consumers and organizations that currently use the “Other OS” feature can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems, although the following features will no longer be available;

Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat

Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.21 or later

Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)

Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.21 or later
gabrile23

Postby Noodlez » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:57 am

its tyranny i tell u!!!!!!! tyranny!!!!...lets all smash ours ps3s and get wiis!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby gabrile23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 pm

No thanks I like playing good games lol BURN
JK wii has a few good games. I don't understand what benifit it is to have another OS on the ps3. Is there some benfit im really curious.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Noodlez wrote:its tyranny i tell u!!!!!!! tyranny!!!!...lets all smash ours ps3s and get wiis!!!!!!!

ha nice one.

gabrile23 wrote:No thanks I like playing good games lol BURN
JK wii has a few good games. I don't understand what benifit it is to have another OS on the ps3. Is there some benfit im really curious.

if you did not have a PC you could have booted into the other OS and used it like a fully funcitoning PC it used a linux OS they suggested yellow dog but i heard tell that Redhat and some of the other ones worked too.

I just love that option in your quote gabe. that was in the read before you update on the ps3. your choice was keep your other os and never play online or go online again with the ps3 or upldate and lose the desktop you created on the dual boot. pretty lame really to me. I had anohter pc so it was more like a science project for me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:03 pm

It's lame but I can understand why they did it.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

extremely lame. serriously patch it if you knwo you have a security issue. just lock a section off. this says i am not willing to spend money or time for the people who bought my equipment and need to use it due to economic concerns as a pc and a game machine. ok that is proablby not a lot but damn if its not a " lazy " fix.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to News and Rumors