Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Kill Zone 2

Am I the only one who thinks....

Am I the only one who thinks....

Postby cloud945076 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 am

That Killzone 2 may be mediocre. I already paid the game off through amozon, so I'm stuck with it, but the demo does not amaze me. It feels too awkward for me. And the charachter feels like he weighs a ton, which I dislike. Idk. Hopefully the game changes my opinion on it. But for right now...Meh
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Re: Am I the only one who thinks....

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Go look at the reviews. All have been positive. The game is more strategic, and less twitchy. Your guy has inertia, your gun has it too. If you play the demo a couple of times it feels very natural and much more realistic. It's not COD, you can change the controls to be like COD by going to the Alt 2 method and turning hold zoom.
MichaelVash7886

Postby gabrile23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 pm

I thought the demo was to short to get a real good feel of the game. But i the like the cover system. its looks like a fun game but i'll find out when i play the game.
gabrile23

Postby cloud945076 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:40 pm

MichaelVash7886 wrote:Go look at the reviews. All have been positive. The game is more strategic, and less twitchy. Your guy has inertia, your gun has it too. If you play the demo a couple of times it feels very natural and much more realistic. It's not COD, you can change the controls to be like COD by going to the Alt 2 method and turning hold zoom.

Im not saying its gonna suck. Maybe I used wrong wording. Im trying to say that I dont like the controls, or the feel of the controls very well. The physics of this game kind of throw me off
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Postby Noodlez » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 pm

like vash said...put the controls at ALT 2 and it becmes a LOT better
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, he hands the innkeeper 3 nails and he asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Noodlez
...on crack

Postby Lfighter65 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:17 pm

i like the standard controls
Lfighter65

Postby hippo999 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Noodlez wrote:like vash said...put the controls at ALT 2 and it becmes a LOT better

Yeah. Alt 2 > standard
hippo999
Team Killer

Postby twistedblister » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 pm

all FPS have thier ecentricites with the controls. but i am hoping the game will deliver and am looking forward to picking it up.

sorry to hear you paid for it and seem unhappy with the play and feel.

hey not every game can be WarHawk. ha. i tooted my own horn. ha. and charged my self a duce. ha.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:56 pm

hippo999 wrote:
Noodlez wrote:like vash said...put the controls at ALT 2 and it becmes a LOT better

Yeah. Alt 2 > standard

Actually I honestly disagree. I thought that at first but I really think it feels better using the cover system with the Standard control scheme. Cloud as to speed, honestly that's just a preference. I like that it feels more realistic, one knock I always have against PC games is you turn so fast it's not natural. If someone starts shooting you in the back and they are near they should get the kill pretty much everytime unless you get super lucky. You shouldn't be able to turn around in time to pop them.

If you aren't liking the slower controls, play the demo a bit more and see if they grow on you. Like I say I can't understand the people complaining. I want the game to be Killzone 2 not Call of Zone 6. I'm not talking specifically about you Cloud, there's a small vocal group out there that is saying the game turns too slow, some have even claimed it's a bug.... It is an adjustment from a game like COD which is twitchy compared to Killzone 2, but to me it makes more sense. If you've only played the demo once or twice I'd recommend giving it a few more tires and seeing if it starts to feel more natural. If you still aren't liking it keep in mind you can cancel your pre-order if you do before it ships.
MichaelVash7886

Postby Lfighter65 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:01 pm

ive played the demo a lot and i love the game
Lfighter65

Return to Kill Zone 2