Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

SOCOM: Confrontation

SOCOM: Confrontation

Postby Phil0926 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:57 am

Intro:
SOCOM really needs no introduction as a series, everyone knows and loves it (well the first 2 and some of the PSP ones anyways) and has been waiting for this sequel for quite a while, unfortunatly it flat out sucks balls and ill tell you why.

Gameplay:

The gameplay really isn't bad at its core, in fact its quite fun and works well. The game is at its most basic is just the same old SOCOM we all know and love but it adds proximity voice chat and decent motion controls. However the game is not even complete. For 39.99 or 59.99 for the headset bundle. Quick joining, stat tracking, and many other features listed on the back of the game case or the PSN page arent even in the game. Not to mention the game only has 7 maps compared to 12 of the past. Also the servers are terrible, almost a month after release the game still has terrible lag and even with TWO patches there are problems abound, in fact they added more problems. Theres a game ridden under this disaster pile with a lot of potential but theres just so much bad that outweighs the good.

Controls:

The controls are a decent affair. Theyre not bad but theyre certainly not new, except the motion control but its not THAT good. It has its annoying issues. Overall theyre average.

Graphics:

The graphics arent bad by any means. Some areas of the game look fantastic, but units and animations leave a lot left to be desired. Also the graphics have alot of jagged edges and collision detection.

Sound:

This is one good thing about the game. The gun sounds and the voice chat work wonderful. Every gun is captured exactly from the gun its modeled from .

FINAL VERDICT:

As much as i want to like SOCOM Confrontation, let me rephrase that. As much as I DO love SOCOM Confrontation, its problems are way too vast and if the beta is any indication, the game developers Slant Six are terrible at doing this. Since there is hope i do suggest that if you are going to get this game, then get the Headset Bundle since you get the FANTASTIC sony Blue Tooth headset for 49.99 and practically get this for 10 dollars. But everyone else be warned, when it works its fine, but good look getting it to work.

6.2/10
Phil0926

Re: SOCOM: Confrontation

Postby hippo999 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:47 am

it does have alot of issues >.>
hippo999
Team Killer

Return to Reviews