Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

Warhawk (PS3)

Warhawk (PS3)

Postby krazykat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 am

Intro: Warhawk is an exclusive online shooter for the PS3. In Warhawk you fight as either the Eucadian or Chernovan factions. Your battles can range from air to ground, fighting it out in a plane, ground vehicle, or just as an ordinary troop.

Controls: Warhawk's controls are very smooth and unique. Players use the D-pad to select their weapons using a system often referred to as the "gaming cross". The action is a little uncomfortable at first and may throw the user around for awhile, but after awhile it becomes a natural act. Shooting is very simple, just pressing R1, and pressing L1 to throw grenades around. Making the overall control layout not only easy, but desirable.

The controls do not change much in your plane, "Warhawk". The controls are very easy to handle, but the actual flying will take a bit to get used to. In Warhawk two flight options are offered Normal and Pro flight. Normal flight is very easy to maneuver and you can do mechanically laid out evasive maneuvers with a simple flick of the right stick. So is the same for pro flight, with the difference of the maneuvers not being laid out and you having to create your own while flying. in the end it is a very satisfying control layout.

Gameplay:
Warhawk has gone above and beyond any game of its time. It truly offers a unique third person shooter. The game has a great control layout and every player is offered the same vehicles and weapons.

Knowing that when you get killed that you are getting killed by a player who isn't prestige 8 lvl 70 is almost rewarding, because you know he has equal weapon and vehicle opportunities as you. This eliminates the gap between players when it comes to how they get their kills (Cheap weapons, Perks, Killstreaks). This equal opportunity method ushers in skill. It is a great experience knowing that you killed a person in close quarters combat in air or ground, because of your skill, heck maybe even sheer luck, instead of because you had the higher leveled shotgun or the better perks.

The load times are short, making the matches feel like they are all meshing into one giant match. The respawn times are reasonable and the weapons are great and balanced.
There is something for every type of player. If your inner kid is a pilot then you can hop up in the skies and fly all round. If you always wanted to be a kick butt commando then spend time in a tank, or just being an excellent ground troop. If that isn't for you, you can still be useful, and help your team capture bases and complete other team objectives.

Warhawk does fall short in several categories. The clan page never seems to refresh. It shows my friends playing in servers, when they left that server hours ago, or they might even be offline. There is a very steep learning curve. There are semi-frequent server crashes. Last but not least players glitching is almost unbearable at times and lag is evident in game.

These few flaws are enough to make a player realize they are just playing a game and to break the flow gameplay to a point where some of the, not so strong hearted, players are forced to throw down their controller and slide the game out of their playstation. When it comes to the pure experience, if you were to get into a server with thirty minutes of lag free and glitch free play, then Warhawk's gameplay is the most flawless and self rewarding experience on the Playstation 3.

Warhawk [8.5/10]
krazykat

Re: Warhawk (PS3)

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm

ha. very sweet post man.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby krazykat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 am

twistedblister wrote:ha. very sweet post man.

Sucky review, but someone needed to post a review. I didn't push to get this section at least a year ago, just so it could barely get used.
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:33 pm

krazykat wrote:
twistedblister wrote:ha. very sweet post man.

Sucky review, but someone needed to post a review. I didn't push to get this section at least a year ago, just so it could barely get used.

haha! you want to get all the unused sections baleeted so you're using this one so it won't go. i geddit.
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:40 pm

:shck:

ha no shock really. I Dont care about the older posts. all the warhawk posts could be dumped really. sad to see the time go but if its an issue with fish's storage then hey lets not just host cobwebs here. i would miss the music forum and movie ones but since its almost just me now i am just dancing with my self anyway
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby krazykat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:15 pm

twistedblister wrote::shck:

ha no shock really. I Dont care about the older posts. all the warhawk posts could be dumped really. sad to see the time go but if its an issue with fish's storage then hey lets not just host cobwebs here. i would miss the music forum and movie ones but since its almost just me now i am just dancing with my self anyway

Ha, nice catch on TT. TB please do not request the deletion of those forums. I only do not use them because I forget they are there. At one time I could see all the forums on 6/10 of a page. Now with all these useless forums I don't see them, so I forget they are there, so I don't post in them.
krazykat

Postby fishki » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:54 pm

one word

SCROLL
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby krazykat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 pm

fishki wrote:one word

SCROLL

I know.. It isn't that i'm lazy. I just totally forget these forums are here most times, unless I really think about it.
krazykat

Return to Reviews