Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

DANCE! online first imppressions

DANCE! online first imppressions

Postby tekkentool » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 am

DANCE! online is a free dancing MMO by acclaim. We all know what DDR is and at some point we have all once played it. and maybe just once you thought they could take this game further? like online further?. never fear acclaim is here. DANCE! online is essentially DDR crossed with home. you have your own virtual avatar who can you can play dress up with by using in game worthless currency or acclaim coins which you buy using real money (the only way to get good looking stuff). the items last 7 or 30 days at different prices or forever at a larger price.most of the clothes look great and are stylish. The presentation is very nice with colourful menu's and pleasant music, the gameplay is the meat of the game however. To DANCE! in DANCE! online requires you to first make or join a room. Inside a room you can talk or muck around and start dancing competitions. 6 people can dance at one time but a further 10 can just watch you dance. At first i felt uneasy by how soft the actual dancing engine is being used to stepmania 4. but there are a lot of options. you can just dance together, dance in teams, go in superstar mode where you build up a guage that allows you to bust a phat move etc. etc. I was mostly impressed by the incredible amount of options for the arrows themselves, almost instantly finding a set that work for me. Your avatar's dancing is very pleasant to view and well animated thanks to motion capture. some of the dance areas are meh but many are very nice looking. The songlist is excellent with the usual mix of j-pop, eurodance, soft semi-emo rock with singers that all sound the same, and even some easily regocnisable tunes like le freak, the kethcup song, we are family, and flo rida. The simfiles (the actual steps that you dance to) are very well synced and fun but in some cases over use triples and freezes(the game note type). the lag is a bit of an issue as it makes the arrows jumpy but it doesnt really affect the fun, my internet is fairly slow so that won't affect most people. DANCE! online can be downloaded from HTTP://dance.acclaim.com

presentation: 8
Graphics:7
sound:9
gameplay:9
lasting appeal:10
overall: 9

i would heartily reccomend this to any rhythem game fan.
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Re: DANCE! online first imppressions

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Nice review.

Postby tekkentool » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:18 pm

krazykat wrote:Nice review.

thanks.
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 pm

that is so messed up and silly it might be good for some serrious fun

ha.

plumber climbng a tower after a gorilla chucking barrels. why you crazy so and so
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:41 am

twistedblister wrote:that is so messed up and silly it might be good for some serrious fun

ha.

plumber climbng a tower after a gorilla chucking barrels. why you crazy so and so

* is so confused head explodes,evaporates, condenses and re-explodes*
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 am

sorry all i meant is that it is a uniqe and crazy mix of genres from someone phyisically dancing to MMORPG such a strange mix that it mgiht actually be fun.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

twistedblister wrote:sorry all i meant is that it is a uniqe and crazy mix of genres from someone phyisically dancing to MMORPG such a strange mix that it mgiht actually be fun.

this is simply an mmo unfortunoz. but there is a dancing mmoRPG which i will try when it comes out
tekkentool

Return to Reviews