Muzik

Eigenharp

Eigenharp

Postby gabrile23 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:45 pm

A pretty cool peice of technology.

gabrile23

Re: Eigenharp

Postby tekkentool » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 am

Haha! i didn't realize news of the eigenharp had actually made it outside of the synth world! I'd absolutely love one, unfortunately even the eigenharp pico is prohibitively expensive.
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby gabrile23 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:23 am

lol Im really not surprised that you already knew about this tek. I was wondering what you'd think of it. $ 5,600 is hell of alot of money and 560 for the tiny one isn't alot better. I think the one of coolest parts is how can create your own beats, sounds, and instruments on the computer then share them.
Like the host said in the vid I can't wait too see what music comes from this in future.
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:12 pm

you know what you are getting a hell of an instrument for that price. yeah its kind of hard to run out to wallmart and just plunk that kind of cash down but i dont think that is expensive for what that instrument can do. hell of a cool post G
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby fishki » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:28 pm

i saw the title and thought it was spam :pick:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:27 pm

I thought it was another new user at frist. dman kids and thier funky new fangled names. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 pm

lol when I named I thought it looked weird too.
I knew you enjoy this to TB. Its a pretty cool instrument and it looks somewhat complicated too play.
gabrile23

Postby krazykat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 pm

My violin was $3000+, so for what this offers, it seems to be at a reasonable price.

Just finished the video after posting this, wow, that was amazing. Looks complicated, but if you know the cleffs and some music theory, this instrument could do things unimaginable.
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:29 am

gabrile23 wrote:lol Im really not surprised that you already knew about this tek. I was wondering what you'd think of it. $ 5,600 is hell of alot of money and 560 for the tiny one isn't alot better. I think the one of coolest parts is how can create your own beats, sounds, and instruments on the computer then share them.
Like the host said in the vid I can't wait too see what music comes from this in future.
to be honest with you i wouldn't use any of these features. I have my own synths and DAWS to use this with. this would just be a fancy controller to me, which would be perfect :laugh2:
tekkentool

Postby krazykat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:44 pm

So Tek.. What is the point of this 'Eigenharp'? Could it be a legitimate standalone instrument? Or is it as you said, just a fancy controller?

The way you make it sound is that the Eigenharp is just a toy for a guy with a big wallet. Something that really isn't that great in the synth community.
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:30 pm

krazykat wrote:So Tek.. What is the point of this 'Eigenharp'? Could it be a legitimate standalone instrument? Or is it as you said, just a fancy controller?

The way you make it sound is that the Eigenharp is just a toy for a guy with a big wallet. Something that really isn't that great in the synth community.

bullshitm, it does have it's own sound generator but never underestimate the use of a controller. Each of the keys is super responsive, they measure velocity, pitch bend and aftertouch. and they're arranged to be perfect for running up and down scales in interesting ways much like a guitar, not to mention stuff like the touch strips and the breath input. It gives you means to control the synth sounds in an emotional way, we've replicated the sound of guitars perfectly with synths, however we can't replicate how they're played! the controller is important on so many levels it's insane.
tekkentool

Postby krazykat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 pm

tekkentool wrote:
krazykat wrote:So Tek.. What is the point of this 'Eigenharp'? Could it be a legitimate standalone instrument? Or is it as you said, just a fancy controller?

bullshitm, it does have it's own sound generator but never underestimate the use of a controller. Each of the keys is super responsive, they measure velocity, pitch bend and aftertouch. and they're arranged to be perfect for running up and down scales in interesting ways much like a guitar, not to mention stuff like the touch strips and the breath input. It gives you means to control the synth sounds in an emotional way, we've replicated the sound of guitars perfectly with synths, however we can't replicate how they're played! the controller is important on so many levels it's insane.

Oh that's pretty sweet. So without a controller your synth music contains no emotion?
krazykat

Postby tekkentool » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 am

krazykat wrote:
tekkentool wrote:

Oh that's pretty sweet. So without a controller your synth music contains no emotion?

tb can back me up on this, half of what makes emotional guitar playing great is the pitch changes, the speed that you use your vibrato, well placed bends. it's the imperfections that make it beautiful.
tekkentool

Postby krazykat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 am

tekkentool wrote:
krazykat wrote:
tekkentool wrote:

tb can back me up on this, half of what makes emotional guitar playing great is the pitch changes, the speed that you use your vibrato, well placed bends. it's the imperfections that make it beautiful.

I play the violin and piano, I can understand that too, but i'm still truly trying to grasp what makes the Eigenharp so revolutionary, compared to other synth controllers.
krazykat

Postby gabrile23 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm

I think its what he said your in control of every note you play. You can also change things up on the fly and a alot of expression to the music . I don't know much about synth music but its probably harder to to this with normal methods. That just an assumption on my part. Its also really cool to hear a group playing them together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Laq2788EE
gabrile23

Postby twistedblister » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I am like 3 to 4 posts back but to TT 's point on emotion. almost all music is built off our reaction to sound. you hear a song it sounds sad or happy or energetic or motivating these are emotional responses and are the curx of music therory. ok somewhat siplified but generally correct.

so yeah IDK dick about synth stuff but this thing seems freaking awesome to me. it does have string like reactions to the buttons like TT siad which is impressive. i love to step up a note and bend or to just put a little emphasis on a note but gently grinding down on it.

hell its up to the musican to make somthing out of it. it seems like it has a ton of possability to me. but again i am pretty low on the chain of musical prowers adn knowladge. missed this gene apparently from my G-pa. :-(
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 am

controllers control, the eigenharp affords you more control. that's all it is ;)
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 pm

dude your out of control
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby tekkentool » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 am

twistedblister wrote:dude your out of control

I AM A FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE, I AM THE ROCKER, THE ROLLER, THE OUTA CONTROLLA.
tekkentool

Postby twistedblister » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 pm

ha he was so young back then.

there is a doc aobout AU cinema out there but i have not rented it yet.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to Muzik