Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

News and Rumors

Your money's worth

Your money's worth

Postby Pocket_Sand » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:29 pm

If you are like me, you realize the ps3 is the most awesome piece of technology ever created. I was just looking through a magazine and guess how much it costs to make a ps3. $448. Thats right, they sell them at a loss. But they make some up on the $50+ controllers that cost them 20 bucks to make. Just found this interesting.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp!"
Pocket_Sand

Re: Your money's worth

Postby twistedblister » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:39 pm

that really is the established model of game system sales. they all take a bite at launch and make it back on controllers and licenseing and software.

the Big N was the only one to break the chain with the Wii since it is mostly a game cube they made a profit on hardware sales this gen.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby DWOMT » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:17 am

Yeah the PS3 is very impressive Pocket. It's definitely a nice upgrade over my PS2. When I finally decided to purchase a next gen console I had to decide between the 3 systems. I've always been a big Nintendo fan and almost got a Wii, but when I realized the Wii lacked any real games for me I had to say no to buying it. The Wii is a great console, but has too many party games that aren't made for gamers like me. So then I had to choose between the PS3 and Xbox360. I had to go with the PS3 because the PS2 always took care of my gaming needs, and plus I always hear the horror stories of Xbox consoles dieing on their owners and all the hassle of replacing them. Plus I really wanted the Blu Ray technology, so I have to say the PS3 is awesome and honestly doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
George S. Patton
DWOMT

Postby oakshan29 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 pm

After i bought the PS3, before powering it up, i was feeling guilty for the buy because its so damn pricey. But once it booted up and found all the stuff inside that black box i fell in love with, and i fell even more in love with it when i got a HD tv (was on Standart before) then i could see a difference with the bluray lol, i remember watching spiderman 3 (still sucks even on hd lol) being mesmorised byt the trees in the central park scene, i dont remember ever noticing trees before in movies i watched lol. Oh yeah and tobey mcguire as bad skin lol. But when i bought it (march 08) not all the great games where out yet and then GTA4 came out, and from then i never erver regreted my choice. I might buy an xbox one day simply cause the GF wants to try Fable 2 lol
oakshan29

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

To those that say Wii has no real games, you will have to watch my review of Madworld once it hits next month...
MichaelVash7886

Postby Pocket_Sand » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I felt guilty about the initial price of the ps3 ( I paid 500) but once I realized all of the upside to it and blu-ray beat HD dvd I was sold. I still have no regrets from the purchase of my ps3. Without it I would never have traveled to sweet sweet Eucadia. *wipes tear*
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp!"
Pocket_Sand

Postby twistedblister » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm

dont feel guilty guys. you could have speant it on speakers for a car or a suit or somthing. look as long as you are feeding your family or doing what you need to you should get things that make you happy.

ok price point to preformace / happiness meter i would say are pretty even for me. i am pleased overall with the box.

Vash. ha. i am still tempted by the redo of Animal crossing but man if any of you think Fallout3 is videogame crack you have no idea. AC has no ending or point. it is very very powerful time eater.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Return to News and Rumors