Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

News and Rumors

3.40 frrimware ps3 update. ugh. just let me bend over a ....

pay or not to pay?

Yes i will pay for it.
17%
no way jose.
No votes
i plan to just eat load and loads of zebra cakes
83%

Total votes : 6

3.40 frrimware ps3 update. ugh. just let me bend over a ....

Postby twistedblister » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm

PS3 Firmware Update Incoming
v3.40 going live soon.
June 28, 2010
by Jim Reilly A new PlayStation 3 firmware update scheduled to hit shortly will add, among other things, PlayStation Plus, a video editor, and a photo gallery.

Firmware v3.40 will go live "soon" and also include a new Facebook.com PSN application, allowing you to display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account.

Below is the list of new features courtesy of the PlayStation Blog:

- PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network's unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.

- Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.

- Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.

- Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.

- Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system

dman this will break up the comunity. not that i am part of it there. ha. still like to run around home and act retarded though.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: 3.40 frrimware ps3 update. ugh. just let me bend over a

Postby pineapple7811 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 pm

i wonder how much its gonna be.. im tempted honestly.
but i dunno

i cant even get on home. my account isnt a main account. my bro had a ps3 before i did and i made a sub account on his ps3 before buying my own. when i got mine, i used the same account info (it was the first account on my ps3 and everything) but it's still considered a sub account.

i ended up having to make another account to make it the master but i never get on it or play games on it. i just use it to buy stuff from the store (cant do that on pineapple). i cant use that facebook feature either thats on there on pineapple.

thought about startin over but i dunno, not that big of a deal i guess.

hm..sorry i rambled..
pineapple7811

Postby krazykat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Darn Pine that sucks, ha, and don't care if you ramble. It's fine.
krazykat

Postby gabrile23 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 am

I think there's a way to make a sub account the main one. I'll have too check that.
And as for the cost $49.99 for a year or $17.99 for three months.

@TB the zebra cakes are tempting but did you ever have a peanut butter candy cake?
There freaken awesome! lol
gabrile23

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

What will break up the community TB?
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 pm

the fact that restricts people from certain aspects of the ps3 network if you dont pay for subscription or access.

i just downloaded it so far it seems like it was all free. not sure if they changed anything. gabe might be right there might be some sub account things you can access but the main one is free.

that sucks pine. htat is somhting sony needs to improve. if you had an xbox and pay for service its set up to log into an account and you have full rights on that account. unless its a parental restriction thing.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 pm

It doesn't restrict anything, online play is still free.... It's mainly good for those that like PSN stuff.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:33 pm

yeah that dawned on me once i downloaded the update vash. seems just restrictive to those without it who wont get demos not sure what the price tag is for yet.

Ha. nice gabe. no i have never tried those cookies. I am snacking on white chocolate bread pudding ice cream though. not sure if there is a pic out there or not.

ha cool link and funky pop goes the weasel song from the 30's 1930's that is kids.
http://neworleansicecream.com/main/
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Postby gabrile23 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 am

twistedblister wrote:yeah that dawned on me once i downloaded the update vash. seems just restrictive to those without it who wont get demos not sure what the price tag is for yet.

Ha. nice gabe. no i have never tried those cookies. I am snacking on white chocolate bread pudding ice cream though. not sure if there is a pic out there or not.

ha cool link and funky pop goes the weasel song from the 30's 1930's that is kids.
http://neworleansicecream.com/main/

Really Creole cream cheese ice cream? You gotta love local foods. Around here we got turkey hill ice cream their tin roof sunday is the best. Man that was way off topic.

I think vash got it. If you like psn games PS plus is for you. I wouldn't mind getting into a beta and the discount isn't bad either.
gabrile23

Postby MichaelVash7886 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Well Qore is coming with it. I was going to renew anyways so that would be half the price of it right there. My PS3 is down for now, but once I get it back I'll be getting the plus.
MichaelVash7886

Postby twistedblister » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

I have yet to make the pilgramage downtown to the ice cream factory but hope to at some point gabe.

beta's and demos and ... ? core i guess as well i dont know i guess it has some value i just am not sure i see it or understand what it is. i am not getting it yet. i may some day just not yet.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

twistedblister

Return to News and Rumors