Welcome - Please Login or Register !

:o

Board index Playstation 3 Reviews

Reviews

Elefunk (PSN)

Elefunk (PSN)

Postby Phil0926 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 am

Intro:

Well Well guys, its been a few days but I'm back yet again with another review and this time its the newly released PSN title, Elefunk. I dont know if any of you had to do a project in physics that required you to make a bridge out of sticks to test its weight capacity but also structure design and then get a lecture on how that related to your physics lesson of the week. Well i did and that basically, is what Elefunk is. Dont bother thinking, ill explain.

Controls:

The Controls in Elefunk are nothing special, they move your cursor and change your camera and do it well so i guess i cant complain since they do their job but they have their annoying moments when you want the cursor to speed up or the camera to zoom fast so I'll give them an 8.

Gameplay:

Basically, Elefunk is a building game. The object of the game is to build a support structure to a bridge with a set amount of girders so it will be stable enough for an Elephant, Badgers, and other animals to walk on them and or jump on them. Ok so before you ask, i have no idea why these animals want to jump on bridges and risk their lives, or better yet where the hell they come from but anyways back to the review. Theres 20 levels and though that sounds like an awfully low number let me tell you how the game works in detail first. At the start of each level you have a ticker with 100,000 points. The longer you take to build your bridge the quicker the score declines. When your done, you press X and the elephants will begin their walk on your bridge. If your bridge stinks, it will collapse and the Elephant will fall to its death. So basically your going to be replaying these level alot, because A you'll want to get a perfect score and B ....well you get to watch elephant destroy stuff and die and as morbid as that is, its also sickeningly entertaining. The whole concept of the game isn't completely new, there was an old Windows 95 game that used to come on PCs back in the day that was similar (its name escapes me) , but the way its executed here is unique. Did i mention there is a Jenga like ONLINE multiplayer where each player takes turns placing and removing a girder? Its quite fun and i actually have to give this a 8.

Graphics:

The graphics in the game have very Donkey Kong Country pre-rendered look to them and they do their job. My only gripe is, every single stage is the exact same green mountain with a blue sky background and it gets a little stale, especially if you plan on playing this online. Besides that the bridges collapsing and the zooming effects and what not do look quite nice. I give graphics a 7

Sound:

The sound is this game, albeit it sparse; was very well done and entertaining. The animals noises give them personality with their quirky animations. Overall though there isnt much here so ill give it a 7.

FINAL VERDICT:

This is basically just a budget PSN title, but a very fun one. I think it wins the title of best use of 5 dollars on the PSN, slightly nudging out Mortal Kombat II. Sure its short, its repetitive, and it is bland overall but its only 4.99 it has Online multiplayer and its fun and unique. If you even slightly like puzzles i say buy this. But everyone else should pretty much not bother, my best advice is try the demo. If you like it, youll like the full game.

7.7 / 10
Phil0926

Re: Elefunk

Postby twistedblister » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Nice run down and shots Phil. It is not for me personally. Reminds me to much of lemmings. Just somthing that never clicked with me.
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Re: Elefunk

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:23 pm

TB i think fill should be banned for making to good of reviews. Phil you review for a living? Because your reviews are so good they are starting to scare me.

Re: Elefunk (PSN)

Postby hippo99 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm

what are you going to review next?
I PWN!!!!!
>:0
hippo99

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:07 pm

IDK i think for me i will review two ps1 titles, TOMBA and TOMBA 2 Return of the Evil Swine. Great games. Then since i got a 100 dollar gift card to the movie store i might rent some other games.

Postby twistedblister » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:03 pm

you could save 9 of that and download wasp woman Aug 7th. * wipes mouth after shameless whoring *
MeatMonkeyMayhem

now i have no sig :-(
twistedblister

Postby stickcult » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:17 pm

I liked elefunk, except my six-axis broke, and I had to use a cheap Logitech controller. But you need six-axis to finish the last level in the first stage, so....that's as far as I've gotten.
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:39 pm

lol that sucks

Postby stickcult » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:21 pm

I know...and I guess that means I buy a Six-Axis, or I buy littlebigplanet...I think I'm goin for LBP, I'll get a six-axis for christmas or something.
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:28 pm

stickcult wrote:I know...and I guess that means I buy a Six-Axis, or I buy littlebigplanet...I think I'm goin for LBP, I'll get a six-axis for christmas or something.

Yeah i will pre order it i hope i get a nice skin.

Postby stickcult » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 am

I want the Kratos..
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:12 am

Yeah it will be released later which stores get you which things.

Postby stickcult » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 am

yeah yeah.
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 am

i am jacking some of the reviews if you guys don't mind.

Postby cloud945076 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 am

ask phil
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 am

by the time phil comes back school might be over with. :rofl

Postby cloud945076 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 am

true
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Postby stickcult » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 am

lol, nice
O.o

Ryan pwnd me.
stickcult
Riot Police

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:30 am

I gave him credit and i am sure he won't mind.

Postby tekkentool » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:18 am

can we get him his own section, so it will read along the top "HOME, RRB CLAN, KIDS CLAN, FORUM, COMMUNITY, PHIL'S KICK ARSE REVIEWS
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby cloud945076 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 am

That seems fitting
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Postby fishki » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm

tekkentool wrote:can we get him his own section, so it will read along the top "HOME, RRB CLAN, KIDS CLAN, FORUM, COMMUNITY, PHIL'S KICK ARSE REVIEWS

that could be arranged.....if he would just do them like at least twice a week :pick:
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Postby tekkentool » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am

fishki wrote:
tekkentool wrote:can we get him his own section, so it will read along the top "HOME, RRB CLAN, KIDS CLAN, FORUM, COMMUNITY, PHIL'S KICK ARSE REVIEWS

that could be arranged.....if he would just do them like at least twice a week :pick:

That can be arranged.....if someone can hand me a crowbar :spn:
sorry i can't brain today, i have the dumb
tekkentool

Postby cloud945076 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:32 am

That can be arranged.....if some one were to give me $64.99
cloud945076
Exotic Species

Postby fishki » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm

cloud945076 wrote:That can be arranged.....if some one were to give me $64.99

the checks in the mail......why dont you go stand by your mailbox and wait for it :D
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.....I never know what those fuckers are up to.
fishki
Site Admin

Next

Return to Reviews